We've spent the past couple weeks.....
1) Tracking down all of the McDonalds happy meal toys - My Little Ponies. And as of this morning, we have them all!! Aren't they precious?!? I seriously love these cute colorful toys. I was the biggest kid of all driving around to every McDonalds in the SLC and Sandy area asking countless employees which ponies they had, and what days they get their new shipments.
2) For the past couple of years we've gone to Thanksgiving Point's Tulip Festival. and I loved it. However, since now I have to pay for kid admission prices at $12 a pop, I said 'no bueno, we can walk around our neighborhood for free.' And ya know what??? Just as pretty of tulips and other Spring flowers. And there's also our favorite local "Shop N' Go" to rest at for a few moments and get a big cold beverage and lollipops.
Also a little bit of complaining by Pearce that she only likes going "downhill". I'm with ya girl!
3) Continuing on with some Easter decorations: Abstract easter eggs painting (been experimenting with acrylic paints lately) & painting some fake "no boil" plastic eggs sold at walmart for some quick and easy egg decorating. We used water-color paints that we had on hand, since I'm the cheapest person on planet and didn't want to pay $2 for the egg dying kits.
4) picnicking in backyard, which eventually lead to digging out sprinkler from garage, which eventually lead to making mud puddles then mud spraying and baths. And also, our garden doubles as a
sand dirt box. Nice dirt angel, Pearce!
5) Made Almond Buns for General Conference. Henry was diggin these, and snuck upstairs during conference and climbed up counter to take a huge bite from the raw rising buns. After I put them in oven, he stared at them thru the window forever waiting for them to come out. Who knew my boy loved almond pastries as much as do?! yummy marzipan!!
6) We celebrated *8 years* of wedded bliss. :) Did some light gardening & swinging on the front porch. And got excited about new birthday shoes from Grandma!