2.26.2010

37 weeks

My doc ordered up an ultrasound for me to be taken at 37 weeks because she thought baby girl was measuring large. i was nervous all week waiting for this ultrasound - wondering how big she will be. and i know tons of people tell me their "estimates" are off by a pound plus or minus...but that's not so comforting knowing it could still be a pound PLUS!!!!! hahahaha

so the big estimate # at week 37 is..... EIGHT POUNDS FOUR OUNCES!!!!!!

are you kidding me? I about passed out on the table. I still have 3 weeks to go. I'm preparing mentally for a ten pounder.

but we got a cute little pic of her face, so it was all worth it. :) look at those lil lips and nose. (kinda hard to see because it's a pic of a print out-i have no idea how to use our home scanner.)

10 comments:

Alexis said...

HOLY COW! At 37 weeks she's already 2 1/2 lbs bigger than Mason was!

Brooke said...

My sister is not very comforting . . . at least she looks adorable with those pouty lips:)

Jessica said...

aaaaahhhhhhh! that's bananas. she's already as big as jane was! she looks so cute in that ultrasound picture. i actually had a dream last night that you had the baby and she was so cute. hahahaha. hopefully my dream will be a foreshadowing that your time of deliverance is near! hahahaha. love ya!

The "O" Clan said...

Ems...she is already so cute! Don't you just love getting ultrasounds? Don't worry so much about her weight. She could be a 10 pounder but have a small head and narrow shoulders. Those are the two body parts that count during delivery! Also, just make sure you take your good ol' epidural and you'll do great! Can't wait to see her!

Shannon said...

Yeah!! I love that we get to see her! Thanks for posting the ultrasound. 8 lbs 4 oz of pure love...and growing :)

The Birds said...

So cute...

lrbodine said...

Like you said - you never know if those things are really accurate! At least you got another little peak at her, that is always a fun little bonus in the last few weeks of waiting for her arrival!

Sarah said...

I'll pray that you go into labor early! :) lol You will be fine! It will all be over before you know it and you will have that cute little baby all wrapped up in your arms!

oh p.s. i had a dream that I was having conjoined twins, so just remember there are worse things than having a 10 pound baby hahahahahaha

lylas!

Megan said...

hahaha Heed Sarah's advice: conjoined twins are worse than a 10 pound baby. It's so exciting that you're getting closer to seeing her in person! Hang in there, girl!

Kristy said...

I didn't have a really big baby, but my doctor kept telling me that big means they will sleep better. I think I would have been more than happy to deliver a 10 pound baby if that meant he would have slept better. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...