11.11.2012

redneck snowman

So...what do you expect from 3 sisters born and raised in New Orleans who've never built a snowman before?? Nothing short of pathetic! Hahahaha We seriously didn't have a clue what we were doing. Turns out building a snowman isn't as common sense as you'd think. 

Laura and Amy drove up to spend Saturday with us since Jeremy is STILL :) working on the jeep (aaaaaaalmost done, though.) Pearce has been begging to build "Frosty," but literally it hadn't stopped snowing in like 2 days, so I said we had to wait until it stopped or else we'd get soaked. Saturday afternoon it finally stopped for a little bit and out we went. 

We started building a "mound" thinking this is how you begin, and "shape" from there... WRONG!! hahahahaha

Check out Amy's redneck snow gloves... Neither of the girls had gloves, mittens, snow boots, etc (no surprises there!) But somehow they expected I'd have some and even have EXTRAs for them. Now THAT surprised me! I'm still new to this snow business, too. But I did order snow boots for me and Pea a little while ago on a Zulily sale and also picked up a warm hat and mittens for Pearce that same morning.

So after the girls realized I didn't have gloves for them, they thought garbage bags tied around their hands would help a bit. So I got out some plastic grocery sacks, and in the same drawer is where I keep kitchen rags, so I brought out those as well to buffer some of the cold. And voila! Home-made snow gloves! I guess it was better than nothing....

Well, now  I have a few more things to had to my "winter to-buy list" - and that is waterproof snow mittens for Pearce.

Okay, cheesy posed, throw snow in the air picture :)



And this is when Jeremy came out of the garage to see what we were up to...
And noticed our redneck snowman and showed us you gotta ROLL the snow into a BALL. Oh!!!!!


Pearce even gave it a shot. But she also liked knocking the balls off the snowman as soon as they got up, so in the end I don't think the snowman had a proper head. Still just a mound.

Used broccoli for eyes and mini carrots for a nose. The snowman has green eyes like mommy, Pearce says.


Pearce was pretty proud of her "frosty". Jeremy...not so much. heheheh So he made a mini snowman to show us how it's really done.

Pearce ran to get bag of carrots and bag of m&m's for eyes this time.

Uh....MUCH BETTER!! Thanks Jeremy!


PS we also baked cookies, too. And they were fabulous! I got the recipe on pinterest, Peanut Butter m&m cookies. YUM YUM YUM!!!

And meanwhile... we got EVEN more snow over night and while at church this morning. A TON!!! Like snow explosion. Really so beautiful.

7 comments:

Rachwomaninoff said...

Hahaha... A memorable first snowman, for sure! Thanks so much for letting us hang with y'all!

Jessica said...

holy cow that is a lot of snow!!!! wow - so beautiful. my philosophy has always been if its gonna be cold anyway, it might as well snow! hahaha. and what the BUNNYSAUCE???? you've never made a snowman???? and neither have laura or amy???? haven't all of you lived in utah for a combined amount of a lot of years??? hahaha.

the thing about building snowmen is that you have to have the right kind of snow. if its not wet snow it won't pack and you can't form the ball to roll it. ethan gets so mad every year because we hardly EVER get the right kind of snow out here. hopefully it will be snowy at christmas when we are out there!!!

Emily Curfew said...

Jess- well I guess technically I STILL haven't built a snowman. Cuz lets be honest, I didn't really help build it--- I was busy "supervising" and "photographing" - Hahahahaha

And speaking of activities that I SHOULD have done during my 4 years at BYU, I don't think I ever did "sledding" either. Pretty sure I avoided the snow the whole time. Jeremy is surprised whenever I say I don't remember snow when I lived in Utah... Go figure...

Laura said...

hahahaha What a fun day!! I wouldn't have made the snow man any other way....

Sarah said...

i still cannot get over how picturesque-ly beautiful this is! the snow is beautiful, your house is beautiful, pearce is beautiful, everything! :) wish we were there to play!

Shannon said...

hahahaha I was laughing so hard at the redneck gloves. Glad Jeremy came out and showed you how to make a real snowman hahahaha. You guys crack me up! Looks like you all had fun though!

The snow looks SO beautiful!! How I wish for just one snow day here... Looks like you guys got a ton! So jealous.

mama said...

Amy's got that laughing 'pee in ya pants' look in that 3rd picture. Fun girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...